Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter

Hey Family!
How is everyone doing? I hope everyone had a great Easter. I sure did. Pam, Eric and Spencer all came to church. Spencer even brought a friend. It was a great sacrament meeting (that's all they stayed for, due to them running the Hillside Cottages, but I think they'll work it out to stay the full time one of these weeks) that was of course centered on Christ. I don't know how much Eric paid attention, but Pam said she loved it. I hope they can make it out for the full 3 hours next time.
We also got in contact with the less active member that wants to come back to church and she wants her 2 kids (9 and 11) to be baptized. She wasn't able to make it to church yesterday, because apparently she had something wrong with her neck and she had to go to the hospital. We plan on making it up to Harlan, where she lives, in a few days. We'll need to get a ride from someone, however, because we don't have a lot of miles left for the week. So it should be fun.
After church yesterday, we spent Easter with the Ortiz family. They're actually a bit less active but they pretty darn cool.
We went over to another less active's house, with the Ortiz's, for dinner. We had grilled chicken, corn, and pie and cobbler. It was some good stuff.
I found a tick crawling on me when we were there and I was freaking out the rest of the day, but I didn't find anything upon further inspection.
When then went back to Scott and Alisha's house (Ortiz) and played a round of Settlers of Catan and called it a night. I won, of course. :)
Oh Dad, before I forget. I checked the ATM and I'm like negative 2 bucks... Sorry about that. If you could put some money in my account for some food, that would be greatly appreciated. I ran out of my mission
money, early this month. I don't even really know why. Also we don't eat the food we have at home very often due to the distance away from everything we are, and it would be a waste of miles to drive back home to eat something.
Well I hope everyone had a great Easter. Those pictures that Kim sent were pretty cute. I liked the one
where Clara was eating the handle of the basket.
I hope you are having fun in Hawaii. Let me know how everyone is doing. I don't hear from any of them... Once in a blue moon, :).
Well anyways, have a great week
everyone. Stay safe. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Love,
Elder Ballif

Oooh so I have a cool story to tell :) So on Friday, Pam was driving
and had an impression to check her mirror and change lanes and
right after she did that (I don't know the exact details) but a semi
would have ended up hitting her and would have most likely killed her.
Friday we went to the temple. I had an impression to put Pam's name on
the prayer roll. Coincidence? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment