Monday, March 11, 2013

Taught 13 Lessons


Hey Family!
 
Yeah my week was pretty good I guess. We had a 13 lesson week which is pretty darn good for this area. But of course that involved some less active visits but whatever they need help too. Well the stake president's daughter and her fiancee I told you about last week are actually married now as of like 2 weeks ago (yeah it was really quick) and I think I included that detail in the email last week ;) Things are going really well with them though. Daniel is a really good guy. If we find out he's not a member which I think is likely, then I'm pretty sure he will get baptized fairly soon. He needs to quit chewing tabacco though but he is already aware of that and I know he can do it because he'll have the Lord helping him. We watched the Restoration video with them last Monday and talked about it with them and we're meeting with them again tonight so that should be fun. 

We also soft set a guy for baptism named Gary. He's a little older and we're not quite sure if he's all of the way there but whatever I guess that doesn't really matter. And we have a baptism on the 20th of April for a lady that couldn't get baptized with her husband because she was on parole but that's going to be taken care of on April 12th I guess. 

I still haven't finished the Book of Mormon, but I'm getting there. When I was in the MTC (I didn't like the MTC very much) I just read it to read it but just recently at a zone training we had a part that strongly emphasized being "passionate" about The Book of Mormon so I've tried to actually read and take in the words instead of just having them be forgotten right after they're read. I really liked 2 Nephi 29. It was really cool to me as I read it. My companion is really into deep doctrine also so I hear some of that which is really cool but I won't blow your minds just yet. My companion is really smart. I guess he was Valedictorian (or whatever) but he also knows how to have fun with I definitely really like. Having fun out here and laughing has been super important for me at least because I don't know if I could have really made it this far without the companion I have. 

This has been very tough for me but I'm getting the hang of it now and I am improving as a teacher but I also need to speak up a little more. I still have a lot of work to do and I still have a lot of time left and I'm going to try to make the best of it. I love you guys! Stay safe!
 
Elder Ballif  

No comments:

Post a Comment