Monday, November 4, 2013

Progression in the work

Hey Family! 

I hope things are going well for everyone. Our week was pretty good. We taught a number of lessons and reestablished contact with Annie. She's doing pretty good. Things are starting to work out for her. And she has cut back on smoking a ton. She was smoking 30 a day and now she is down to 2 a day. Pretty cool. We plan on seeing her tomorrow so hopefully that will work out. 

The Perry's are doing good as well. We set up a time to go to the Trail Center this week with them, so hopefully that will work out and hopefully they'll have a good experience. 

Eric is probably the investigator that is progressing the most. We saw him 3 times last week and he is so open minded. He is pretty awesome. He is singles ward age so hopefully that doesn't become a problem. It's ultimately up to him so we'll see. 

Chan is doing good. He does smoke however and yesterday we taught him the Word of Wisdom, so hopefully we can get that cleared up. He also didn't understand what's wrong with coffee and it was kind of hard to explain. A lot of things are hard to explain to someone who didn't even know what Halloween is. And he's been in the US for 8 years. 

Well I'm glad you guys liked the "testimony" thing. I figured I might as well send it to you guys since I had it typed up. It's not like my mission hasn't been a struggle. I've had a lot of tough days but I'm not quitting and I'm certainly not going to stress you guys out about that kind of stuff. Already over 9 months now so it's going by pretty quickly. 

Well anyways yeah that's too bad about the Jazz. I didn't expect them to be good so I'm just glad the young guys are playing well. Especially my Burksie. 

Dad I'm glad things are looking up with your job situation as well. Things always get better--just trust in the Lord. Alma 36:3 comes to mind. 

Thank you so much for everything you guys do. I am so lucky to be a part of such an amazing family. 

I'm excited for that book. Thank you, again. Oh and I did receive the package. I actually got it right on Halloween.
And it doesn't matter that the vial isn't new I really don't care. Tell Austin thank you.  

Well everyone I need to get going. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and week! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Ballif





No comments:

Post a Comment