Monday, January 6, 2014

It Is Cold

Hey Family

How is everyone doing? Things went pretty well this last week here in Bellevue. And to answer your question, Mom, I'll probably be here till February 21st like I've said many times haha. I mean there is a slight chance I could get transferred, but seeing how I'm training that probably won't happen. You're generally locked in for 2 transfers when you're training. But I'm alright with that. 

So things here are really cold. And Jenn I don't want to hear your complaining haha. It's -9 right now with a real feel of -30 and it could possibly be -40 later on tonight. Last night I think it got to -13 or so. So yeah it's really cold. Good thing today is P-day. But yeah I guess they canceled school and stuff. They're saying if the proper precautions aren't taken frost bite and hypothermia can occur. I'm dressed pretty warmly and shouldn't be outside too much haha.  We're going to play basketball again so that'll be fun. As you may have guessed.

Our investigators are doing well. We found out the name to the mystery guy. He said to come back in 2 weeks though because he said things were pretty busy. His name is Tom. So we have 2 Toms now haha. The original Tom is doing good. He is now in 2 Nephi so that's pretty awesome. He was concerned about the whole Nephi beheading Laban but hopefully he can get over that. We did explain it a little to him but hopefully he accepted the answer or either gets answer from Heavenly Father. So yeah he's doing good.

Also Celeste is doing good. She did say she was going to make it to church but she didn't so that was a little disappointing but Joseph did have work so that probably would've been a little scary for her to go. So hopefully next week. But with her not coming her baptismal date will need to be pushed back since you need to have gone to church 3 times before you can get baptized, at least in this mission. So February 1st could be the date. We'll have to figure that out.

I had some really good finds at goodwill today. ;) I found the suit I've been looking for, for my entire mission. It's a very light gray suit and it's a Chaps. So it's an almost brand new suit and it was 8 bucks. I think it would have been around 300 bucks originally. And I got a nice purple argyle sweater. It's pretty neat. So yeah I'm still hunting for things at goodwill. Oh and I got some almost brand new black dress shoes. Gotta love Goodwill. 

This week we had a Trainer/Trainee meeting so that was fun. The trainers and trainees split up and got trained on things pertaining to what they're doing. And we got pizza afterwards so that was nice. 

Well I need to get going. Sorry if I wasn't able to answer any questions or respond to enough things. Maybe you could highlight some of the things you want me to address and I'll see what I can do. 

I love you all! Have a wonderful and safe week!

Love,
Elder Ballif

No comments:

Post a Comment