Monday, May 12, 2014

Crazy Weather, a wedding and baptisms

Hey Family!

So this will probably be fairly short since I talked to you guys yesterday. But this past week as been a good one. The baptisms and wedding went very well, and they should be confirmed on the 18th. 

So this past night was pretty crazy weather wise. There were several tornadoes in Nebraska, and the storm that was producing them was headed right for us, but it ended up breaking apart and lost some strength when it got to the metro of Omaha, and we still got some pretty gnarly thunderstorms and green skies, but no tornadoes. I was slightly chapped but whatever. I heard there was a tornado that touched down in Bellevue but I don't know if that's true. There was a place called Sutton, Nebraska that got hit pretty bad. Central Nebraska, had several tornadoes and some baseball sized hail, and there was also snow. But we didn't get a whole lot. Just a lot of rain and lightning. 

We are still working with Christian and Aaliyah, and they're planning on getting baptized in June, but they still haven't made it to church, so I don't know what the deal is with their mom. 

really enjoyed talking to you guys last night. It was fun. That could very well be the last time I talk to you guys on my mission. I wish I could've talked to dad for a bit longer and actually talked to Austin without seeing a video of a video, but it was good. Brynlee is so darn cute now. I can't wait to see all of the grandkids when I get back. I am very excited. And seeing everyone again will be great. Only 7 months! I'll do my best to stay focused and to be successful, don't worry! I love you all! I hope you made it safely to Baltimore, Dad. I love you. Have a great week everyone!

Love,
Elder Ballif


Pam's daughter was able to make it from BYU so that's pretty neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment