Friday, May 30, 2014

Prayers Are Answered

Hey Family!

I hope all of you have had a great week! That sucks about Heather's ring. I will be sure to keep her in my prayers and I hope that situation gets resolved. 

So this week was good I was stressed out a lot during the middle of it but things have seemed to resolve. I was a bit worried about Pam, Eric and Spencer because we didn't hear much from them this week. We did some service for them on Tuesday and then they said they would like a take a little break from the visits, which is fine, but we tried to get a hold of them for some information we needed for the baptismal records and they would not respond, or anything. No texts, and they wouldn't answer the phone. So I was worried something happened, but come and they came to church and everything worked out. Eric and Spencer were ordained to the priesthood and Pam and Eric were called to be greeters. That should be good for them, to be able to meet most everybody :) 

Yesterday we went over to their house and had a bit of a "family home evening." We watched The Testaments with them and they enjoyed it. Pam said the last part made her cry haha. 

Christine and her kids did not show up on Sunday reason being Christine said that Aaliyah has the flu or is sick or something. We still have an appointment to see them either today or tomorrow. 

Also our Mission President and his wife made it out to our ward to speak. It was pretty good. President Weston is a very knowledgeable guy. I know I am sometimes negative about him, but I don't really feel that way. I sometimes get frustrated about something, but for the most part I really do like him. And no I have not brought up going home a month early with him. I figured I'll leave that to the professionals ;) 

So tomorrow should be fun. It'll be my first District Meeting as District Leader. And Mom it's not just every other week. 3 out of the 4 weeks of a month are District Meetings. So preparing trainings for them should be fun. This weeks topic is How can we more fully utilize planning to fulfill our purpose? 

And don't worry about sending me a Mormon Doctrine. I can wait till I get home to rummage though it again. Right now Brother Holmgren's copy is enough. This week with other investigators went pretty well. 

We finally taught Jessie. She seemed to be very receptive and I have high hopes with her. I mean she already has strong faith in Christ, and I hope she puts forth the effort to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. We also had a pretty neat experience with a less active member. He has been less active for years. Probably like 12 years. He served in Iraq and lost all faith when he was there. He couldn't understand why God would allow so much suffering. Well anyways he has been struggling to find a job. He has been trying for months and nothing has worked. So this was when I was with Elder Chappell, but anyways I promised him that if he would make an effort to come to church, he would get a job very soon. And we also prayed that he would get a job. 2 days later he got 2 job offers. He didn't make it to church this past due to him having 11 teeth pulled, but he said that he will be there next week. He told me when we visited with him this past that he thought that I was a "fruit" for making a promise I couldn't keep, but he said "I stand corrected" and he knows it was God that answered the prayer so it seems his faith is growing again. 

Well I need to get going but I hope you all have a great week and stay safe!  I hope everyone has a great memorial day! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Ballif



All serving from Kaysville

No comments:

Post a Comment