Monday, May 19, 2014

New District Leader and Christine, Christian, and Aaliyah Came to Church

Hey Family!

I hope everyone has had a great week so far. Well it's only Monday so I couldn't imagine too much going wrong in a day. But rather I hope all of you had a great week last week. My week was pretty good. As you probably know, transfers occurred. So transfer news. I am still in Logan with Elder Scarpa. But there was one change. I am now the District Leader. So that should be fun. I am actually excited. Well other than giving training every single week, I am excited to go on exchanges and see the other areas of the district. And to get to know the other Elders in the district.

One weird thing though. The previous
District Leader is still here. He was demoted and I was promoted, so I don't know. It seems like he's been a little bitter about it and has said some things that have rubbed me the wrong way. Hopefully things will work themselves out. They always do, if you're doing the right things.

So anyways... Things went great yesterday at church. Pam,
Eric, and Spencer were all confirmed. The Bishop confirmed Eric, Scarpa confirmed Spencer, and I confirmed Pam. That was a good experience. That was my first confirmation and it wasn't so bad. The bishop's wife wrote them down in short hand so hopefully it doesn't point out how poor mine was hahaha ;)

So some good news about
Christine, Christian and Aaliyah. They finally came to church!!! Holy crap that was a relief. They had to leave early after sacrament meeting, due to some family issues but I'm glad they came. Christian and Aaliyah should be good for baptism on the 14th of June. The Bishop is a little hesitant, because he was worried that they left church because they didn't want to stay for the full thing and he is worried that they'll stop coming to church after they're baptized. I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and I don't think she'd be making up those excuses. Stuff happens, I understand that. I feel like Christine is being sincere about making it back to church.

So about
the conversion stories, I got stories printed out from Family Search. While they may not be ideal, I needed them before Thursday. We have Zone Conference this Thursday and I guess our Mission President wanted us to get these, because we're putting a big emphasis on families in the mission right now. I am pretty excited for Zone Conference. I'll get to see Elder French and have some fun with him. I hope everything is going well.

I am excited to see you guys again in a pretty short
amount of time. And that is pretty crazy about Carsen. I am glad I've never had to deal with any real serious injuries. I hope it all heals properly and that he doesn't grow up shooting a basketball like Ronnie Brewer haha.

Speaking of basketball, I heard the Heat lost, thank
goodness. They can't win another championship. I won't allow it.

Oh by
the way Dad, I'm just curious. Do you have the book Mormon Doctrine? The members we live with have one and I read it all of the time. I would like to get a copy of my own but to my understanding they don't make it anymore. Oh well. True to the Faith is cool and all but it's too... mainstream. Chappell found a MD in super good condition at a thrift store for like 15 bucks and I was so jealous. What a random thing to be at a thrift store. Well I guess that's thrift stores for ya. There is still that RLDS Doctrine and Covenants from 1976 here in Missouri Valley. I almost bought it but then I realized I would never read it due to the fact that I don't really care what is in there after what we already have.

Well anyways I should get going.  Have a
great week everyone! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Ballif




No comments:

Post a Comment