Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Baptismal Preparations and upcoming Transfers

What up everyone!?

How is everyone doing? I hope swell. I'm doing pretty good myself. 

We had ourselves a pretty fantastic week this past week. Jed and Emmy Lake had their baptismal interviews and both passed so now where just waiting till Saturday. Gosh that's coming up quickly! I am pretty darn excited for it. Baptisms are always a "high" on a mission. I'm not sure how much time I have left in Logan, and I have a feeling this could definitely be my last transfer here, so it'd be awesome to go off that note. It should be interesting to see what happens. Transfers are next week. Freakin weird stuff. This transfer has flown by. 

I got the package, Mom. Thank you so much! The beef jerky is already gone and the Hi-Chews are depleting rapidly haha. I did get some help on them from the Zone Leaders though. They were over on Friday night and Saturday for the baptismal interviews. 

Speaking of baptismal interviews, I have to do my first one this week. That should be pretty fun haha. I don't feel super nervous right now, but I'm sure I will when the time actually does come. 

So what else to talk about? Oh Gina Green is still struggling with accepting the whole polygamy thing. Thank you for your input on that Mom. And it's not even the polygamy issue really. I say polygamy because it's related to the issue. Her issue is whether Joseph Smith was involved in it at all. OF COURSE HE FREAKIN WAS! It's a bit frustrating but whatever. They've been told so much crap it's not even funny. Brigham Young made Section 132 up?... What? Everyone and their dog that lived in that time knows and kept record that Joseph Smith was the instituter of that. Too bad the RLDS Church is built on lies. A sandy foundation. And we're seeing the results of what happens when you do that, today. Oh well. Sorry for the rant.  

Anyways, I finally told her to read the section, beginning with a prayer and ending with a prayer, specifically asking if that revelation is from God. So far she has been unsuccessful in doing so. But we'll keep working with her. So anyways she's a tough code to crack. 

Moving on. Pam, Eric and Spencer are doing well. They haven't been to Church lately, due Eric getting a job requiring to work 6 days a week and he gets like 1 Sunday in 6 off. And his truck's breaks went out so he's driving Pam's car so she doesn't have a car. She could still get rides, but we'll stop by today, probably, just to make sure everything is good. 

I'm going to wrap this up. I'll make sure to get plenty of pictures of the baptism on Saturday. Have a great week everyone! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Ballif

No comments:

Post a Comment