Monday, October 14, 2013

Set Baptismal Dates for Tom Perry and Chan -- not L. Tom Perry :)

Hey Family!
My week was pretty good. It wasn't the greatest number wise but we did get some baptismal sets. I'll get into those later. 

Well Dad, that's good you're switching over to gmail. Gmail is much nicer in my opinion. It's actually what my email goes through. That is very unfortunate that your work is being affected from the shutdown. As you would imagine I hear a lot about it seeing how I'm in a military ward. Well anyway I'll pray for you and hopefully the situation will improve. 

We saw Chan this week and set him for baptism for the 16th of November. I hope he can make it but who knows. We want to make sure he understands the commitment he's making which I think will be hard to get the idea across because of the language barrier. But he did come to church again. That's 4 weeks in a row. It's been a nice surprise. 

And I don't know if I have mentioned Eric before but he is some guy we met walking down the street and he asked us what we were doing and we told him we were missionaries and gave him a Book of Mormon. Well anyways that was a few weeks ago and we were able to see him this week and taught him the restoration. It went really well. That was on Saturday and he came to church yesterday. And yesterday was fast and testimony and he actually got up and bore his testimony which was pretty cool haha. He said we was "saved" by Jesus a few years ago, so yeah we need to talk to about how it's not that easy haha. 

And the meeting with the Perry's went really well. Well it was mostly just with Tom but we met his family and stuff and they're super nice. We taught him the restoration as well and he said he's been struggling with his faith for a while. He was raised baptist I think but yeah he doesn't have a believe in God or Jesus Christ anymore. But the lesson went well. He is set for baptism on the 23rd of November. He's not very confident in it but he seems to have the desire to believe like talked about in Alma 32. I'm sure he can make it. We are also seeing him tonight with Brother Tyrrell which should be great. 

And we're playing basketball very soon which I am excited for haha. I love playing basketball. That's great about BYU and great for Utah. We're going up in the world. And I told you Adam Hine would be good ;) I heard Jazz preseason basketball started. What's going on with that? 

Well anyways I love you all! The Church is true! 

Have a wonderful week everyone!
Love,
Elder Ballif

No comments:

Post a Comment