Monday, April 15, 2013

Upcoming Baptisms - Hopefully!


Hey Family!
 
This week was a bit slow--again. I'm sure I'll have a lot of slow weeks out here in Nebraska. Anyway we had to push Daniel's baptism off another week to the 27th. If he stopped chewing yesterday he would be fine for the 20th but we're doing the 27th just to make sure. And we may have another baptism on the 27th also. Her name is Jenny Gibson (she's been in the picture since I got here but I just haven't mentioned her) and yeah so her husband and mother-in-law were baptized back in February and she couldn't get baptized because she was on probation but she get's off probabtion tomorrow so that's nice. We're a little worried about them since they haven't really made an effort to come to church but Jenny came yesterday to sacrament meeting so that was good. 

 I bore my testimony in Sacrament Meeting so that was fun. I have a talk about missionary work on the 28th so I just so excited for that--but not really. I still don't like public speaking but I'm sure I get better as more time passes. 

 We haven't been able to get a hold of Juan for about 2 weeks now so yeah we don't know what's going on. He could be ignoring us or he could be in jail for the marijuana thing I don't know. 

 Oh and about Goodwill. Let's just say I have 5 suits now :) I'm sorry but I can't pass up suits. 2 of which I need to lose some weight to fit into but those are my favorite ones so that's some good motivation. And I get ties there. 

 This week should be good. We're planning on watching Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration with CC and Daniel so that should be fun. And then I don't know haha. We have to play a lot of things by ear and drop in because people here don't like setting up appointments. 

 Well I'm still pushing along in Alma. Oh and we did some service with Habitat for Humanity which was fun. As you guessed we're helping build a house for a family. 

 Anyways I love you guys! I hope you have a great week and stay safe! That's great about Mom's diet! I wish I could lose that much that quickly. Well I probably could I just need the motivation. Well I do but it would suck. Yeah anyways I love you!
 
Love,
Elder Ballif

No comments:

Post a Comment