Monday, July 22, 2013

New Car and Working with Investigators and Splits in Omaha

Hey Family!
My week was pretty good. We don't have any new investigators but we got a car (2013 Toyota Corolla), that was exciting. 

Anyways things have gone pretty well. We didn't get the see Robert the one we gave a blessing, but I'm hoping that we will be able to this week. Holy cow this week is transfer week. Time flies haha. The person I'm still the most excited about it Dan. We watched the Doors of Death talked given in 1992 by Russell M Nielson. He really liked it. He also could start coming to church and he wanted to take us out to lunch and stuff. And not to mention he has a ton of guns and swords that he lets us look at haha. And these aren't cheapo swords either. They're the term that he used "battle ready" so they're super sharp and sturdy. Really really sharp. I was holding one and he said "Yeah that could chop your head off" haha. Yeah anyways we watched that talk and he really enjoyed it. On his teaching records it says he told the missionaries we wasn't interested in converting but I have high hopes. 

And Robert the atheist we have been seeing every Tuesday and he always enjoys having us over but I just hope he can stop thinking everything in terms of science. Well as Bruce R McConkie stated "True science is true religion" I don't think a lot of people understand that. But anyways, we've been seeing him and and he hasn't shut us down or anything. Hopefully we can get to him. Well hopefully the Spirit can. We're seeing him again tomorrow. Well actually I won't be able to since I'm going to Rockbrook (basically central-almost downtown Omaha) on exchanges tonight so that should be fun. Hopefully the meeting with him will go well when I'm not there haha. And Omaha is pretty darn big. Mostly because it's sucked in all of the surrounding places. But yeah the population of it is about 500,000 so it's good in size. 

And yeah the gorilla was awesome. He only charges if you wear a white shirt (silver back) and turn your back (silver back) to him. So yeah if we ever come through here as a family we will have to wear white shirts if we go to the zoo. 

This Pday we're playing basketball again so I'm pretty excited. I love playing basketball and you definitely get a good workout. I need to get a basketball pump at Walmart though but they should be pretty cheap so I think I shouldn't go over. And Dad before I spend money I always check at an atm first now. 

I love you guys. I hope Kim is doing well. I can't wait to meet Clara in 1.5 years. 

And about selling the boat I don't know. It's a fun thing to do but it's not used a whole lot and it is a lot of money. But here's something you guys can do. Pray about it! 

Well I need to get going. Sorry my emails aren't too long. But I don't know at least I get them to you every week ;) I love you guys and can't wait to see you again! Have a great week everybody! 

Oh and one more thing. I finished the Book of Mormon. It's true that's all I know. Love you!
Love,
Elder Ballif

No comments:

Post a Comment