Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Getting New Companion -- Training?

Hey Family!
How's everybody doing? I'm doing pretty good. I dropped off Elder Mendel to the Mission office this morning. It's officially over. ;) There were some good moments and definitely things I learned these past 3 months. Holy crap it's been 3 months. Anyways I was under the impression that I was going to be staying with the Cottonwood Elders whom I love dearly. But I guess they didn't get the memo and I'm with another missionary who's companion went home, for the time being. I wasn't too happy because I was super excited about being with the Cottonwood Elders but whatever it's only for 3 days. 

My temporary companion's name is Elder Smith. Seems to be a good missionary. He does seem to be a little bit uptight about things, but whatever it'll be good for me. 

So I'll found out who my new companion is on Thursday and I will be getting him on Friday. Chances are I'll likely stay in Bellevue but crazier things have happened. 

One nice thing about Elder Smith I've noticed already is that he actually talks! haha. It really is nice knowing that you have someone that will have your back talking in lessons and vice versa. I've been on my own for far too long. But it was good for me and I'm probably going to get more of the same if I'm training this next transfer which is what the word on the street is. I'll try to be prepared for anything though. Always expect the unexpected. Especially when you have someone that sees the bigger picture making the decisions. 

Our investigators are doing good. Chris IS getting baptized on the 14th at 1 PM. I'm actually pretty nervous. I have no idea what I'm doing as far as coordinating things go. But I'm sure I'll get help from the Ward Mission Leader and what not. Chris actually came and played basketball with us on Monday. It was really fun as usual. I wish I could play more often than once a week but whatever, one of the many sacrifices ;) 

We unfortunately weren't able to see Steve this past week but we'll keep trying. I'm pretty positive he's not avoiding us. He's a good guy. And Chan. We invited Chan over to Brother Harris' house, who is a recent convert, and we were thinking since Chan is not very well versed in the English language that it would be better if we could play the scripture stories made for children (haha) for him so it would be more simple for him and use a simpler way of talking. It seemed to go pretty well and we'll how he progresses. 

Something I'm really excited about is that we got Robert to come to church! It was great  to see him there. I hope he had a good time and a good experience. We'll be seeing him sometime later this week. 

Well anyway until next week haha. You guys are all looking great! Thanks for all of the pictures. I miss you all so incredibly much but I know I'm doing what the Lord wants me to do. 

And Jenn don't worry about not being so diligent in your writing to me because you're busy. Let me tell you I know how that is. I can barely get one email out here and it's generally not too detailed at that. 

Well anyways I love you guys! Have a great week everybody! That is disappointing about BYU. Hopefully some adjustments can be made but I know how that goes for BYU. 

One thing I wanted to ask for is a voice recorder. I have not been diligent in writing in my journal and it's something that I would like to have for people when I get home. Even for me. I would like talking how my days went a lot better than writing. Only problem is a fairly nice one is like 50 bucks. Just something to think about. 

Stay safe everyone!

Love,
Elder Ballif

No comments:

Post a Comment