Monday, September 30, 2013

Another Baptism - Jaime and Chris received Priesthood

Hey Family!

I hope everyone is doing well. Our week was not bad. Not as good as last week but still not terrible. :) I've had worse weeks, is what I'm trying to say. 

Basically the only highlights I have are the baptism and Chris getting the priesthood. So the baptism. The girls name is Jaime and she has been investigating for almost 6 years. I don't know all the details but it was hard for her to finally make the decision. I think she has had a testimony of the Book of Mormon this whole time. Anyways I performed the baptism and let me tell you I was nervous. She was really scared as well and has a lot of anxieties. It took her a few minutes to finally come down into the font because she was so scared but she did eventually and everything went well. First try thankfully. 

I was praying so much that final hour up until the baptism for no mess ups and my prayers were answered. Even though more often than not the baptism is on the first try, I didn't have a good track record ;) 

But anyways yes she was confirmed yesterday and she was super nervous for that even though all she had to do was sit down. But hey I'm sure it was a little nerve racking. Elder Belnap and I helped in the confirmation. Well just stood there with our hand on her head but it went well. 

And then after church I was thrown a curve ball. I wasn't expecting it, but Chris wanted me to confer the priesthood upon him. So yeah I did that. I was pretty nervous for that as well seeing how I always am for things of that matter. Blessings are scary. I rely on myself a bit too much and I need to get better at that. But I'm sure I will. 

Well anyways those were the 2 main highlights. Nothing else has really stood out. That new investigator, Nixon, is planning on coming to church soon. Oh and Chan has come to church 2 weeks in a row so that is pretty awesome. I was not expecting that. 

We weren't able to see Annie at all this week since her apartment flooded, but we set up something for tonight so hopefully that works out. 

Robert is doing better and is finally starting to pray on his own and is reading and we told him to watch some specific conference talks. We'll see if he did, this week. Well suppose we could always text him. 

Hopefully this week things work out a bit more. 

That's good about the BYU game. Hopefully Hill can continue to improve on his accuracy. And I told you Dad. Hine is the man. ;) 

And I'll get there in the Bible. Eventually. It'll be awhile since we're still supposed to focus on the BoM. 

Well I haven't gotten Mom's email yet, and I need to go but that's alright. I'll get to read it eventually. :)

Well I love you everyone! 

Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Ballif


Omaha

Stealth Bomber
 

No comments:

Post a Comment