Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Last week in Bellevue - Transfer week

Hey Family!

How are you guys doing? This past week was a little discouraging but whatever. I have, what? Like 3 days left here. The reason it was sodiscouraging is Tom Perry ended up dropping us. We saw him Saturday night and he said for a few days he was praying every morning andnight and reading and he didn't feel any different. And then we had a long talk with him and told him we think we should have a fast and if he would come to church fasting for an answer, he would get one.

So
 everything was going good. We were really excited and got some other missionaries and the Tyrrell family to join us in the fast so itseemed everything was going great. Then at 11:30 at night we got a text from Tom saying that he talked it over with his wife and that he would not be going to our church and that they don't have any intentions to become members. So yeah it was a pretty rough Sunday.

But there was a glimpse of light with another person we started
 teaching. His name is Tristan. He is the grandson of a convert of about a year and that convert is the boyfriend of a lady in our ward named Sister Bick. Tristan's family is living with Sister Bick so it is pretty convenient. Tristan and his 2 younger brothers have come to church 2 out of the last 3 Sundays and we just started teaching Tristan on Sunday night. We taught the Restoration and it went really well. He was really open to everything and said that everything just made sense. We forgot to set him for baptism (whoops) but still everything went really well. We are planning on teaching him again maybe tonight or tomorrow. We will set him for baptism when we see him next. So that was nice to have happen after a mostly crappy week.

I'm
 definitely excited to see where I go next. 2 more days and I'll know.

I'll now answer some of Mom's questions. :)


I've seen the "Like A
 Broken Vessel" talk a few times. It's definitely a good one. Elder Holland is definitely one of the more powerful speakers.

Well as I
 said earlier in my email Tristan came to church so I guess that's an investigator at church. And we currently have no one set for baptism. I don't know it has been kind of a rough few weeks. The Vigil's wont answer their door. The Perry's dropped us, so yeah.

Yeah I mean I
 would love to get out and tract but we aren't really monitored on it and our Mission President thinks it's a waste of time and I also hate doing it--not so much the actual doing it, but the getting the motivation to do it. :)

And we are not monitored on service either. It
 says in the white handbook to do 4-8 hours a week, but that rarely happens. We did help put up some drywall for someone this past week so I guess that counts. We did a lot more service in Grand Island. But there were also more opportunities there because it was more dysfunctional.

And about iPads. No we have not. I'm actually kind of
 bitter about it. Tons of missions have got them but we have not. I blame the Mission President. :).

I'm staying fairly healthy. Actually I was throwing up last
 night (don't know from what) but I'm feeling a bit better now. The weather here has been pretty nice as well. It's supposed to get in the 60's today. I'll take that any day over -30.

Well anyways I hope
 everyone is doing well. 11 more months. That's pretty weird. Well anyways I need to get going.

I love you guys! Have a great and safe 
week!

Love,
Elder Ballif

No comments:

Post a Comment