Monday, February 10, 2014

Slowed by Sickness and Snow

Hey Family!

This week was an alright one. It was pretty darn slow
again. Nebraska had the first big snowstorm of the winter on my birthday. And I was a bit sick the beginning of the week and Elder Collins has been sick all week. So yeah there isn't much new with us haha.

Transfers are coming up on the 21st. So yeah I definitely expect
to be sleeping somewhere else on the night of the 21st.

The first
night we were really able to get out and go do something was night. I mean we still tried to do some things earlier in the week, but with the snow and Collins being sick, we weren't very effective. We weren't even able to see Tom and Sylvia this week. We were going to, but as we walked by we saw they had company over so yeah we didn't end up seeing them. We are going to try to see them though. And a few more times throughout the week so hopefully that works out for us.

At this point all of our investigators are
ineligible for baptism by the time I'm probably leaving so that definitely has taken a shot at my motivation haha. Whatever I just need to keep working for 11 more days. Hopefully my next area is in Lincoln or even South Dakota. I hear there are some nice places to serve in that part of the mission.

So yeah I did enjoy the calendar
for my birthday. I like how it is a calendar for the rest of my mission and not just 2014 haha. And I also got the picture thing that Jenn put together. Thanks for that. I definitely enjoyed it and it was nice to see some birthday wishes from some people I didn't expect.

So
yeah 11 more days (probably) in Bellevue. I am excited for my time here to come to an end. I can't believe I've been here for most of my mission. I wonder how long I'll be in my next area.

Well thank you for
all of the birthday wishes. My birthday wasn't too fun haha. I mean I am on a mission. I did have lunch with some other Elders at China Buffet haha. It's a pretty decent Chinese restaurant. It's comparable to Asian Buffet or whatever in Layton. The reason we went there is because if it's your birthday you get to eat there free, so that was nice.

Other than that not much happened because the snow. Cars were
grounded and yeah Collins wasn't feeling well so for the most part we didn't do much.

Oh did you hear that Tori passed her NCLEX and is now
officially an RN. That's pretty awesome if you ask me. Well anyways well anyways I need to get going. I hope everyone has a safe week.

I
love you all!

Love,
Elder Ballif

No comments:

Post a Comment