Monday, June 9, 2014

Crazy Weather!

Hey Family!

This week has been a pretty good one. And yes, there was a crazy weather. There was a tornado in Missouri Valley (where I am right now) and it tore the roof off of a motel. There's not much damage from the tornado, other than that or so I think. But there is a ton of hail damage. Missouri Valley didn't get hit too bad, but Council Bluffs got hit pretty good, and Blair (only 15 minutes away but in Nebraska) got destroyed. There was baseball sized hail there, that caused millions of dollars of damage. Mostly to cars. I have pictures (I forgot my camera so next week) of some cars, with all the windows busted and bodies completely dented. It was pretty gnarly. But that entire day we were in Woodbine, so we just saw a lot of rain and stuff that like. I was kind of chapped I didn't get to see anything, but at least I was safe and our truck made it out unscathed. 

So that less active that got the job (Michael) didn't make it to church yesterday because he had he's 2 kids (from another girl) over. And they were causing him some trouble so yeah he didn't make it. But he did have us over for dinner last night and it was pretty darn good. He is really into hunting and he had some deer meat that he made pulled pork style and it was really good. 

We also went to a less active's house in Dunlap last night. That was the first time that we did, and her entire family is unbaptized, and we ended up teaching her daughter, who has a lot of potential. They said they were going to make it out to church this upcoming Sunday, so I really hope they do. The lesson went really well and I'm excited to see where it goes. 

Christine is really starting to frustrate me. We saw her and her kids (and her nonmember dad) on Friday and everything was great "Yeah we'll be at church" "Baptism on the 21st, we're so excited". Church rolls around, and they don't make it and we haven't heard a thing from her. 

Pam, Eric, and Spencer are doing well. Spencer passed the sacrament yesterday and he did well. Pam and Eric greeted people, as you could have imagined from their new calling. We had a good amount of less active members at church as well. 

So I haven't heard back from the Mission President about the request, but I can't imagine it would take that long. I guess we'll find out soon. Or I would imagine at least. 

There are 2 weeks left in the transfer so that's pretty crazy. Well technically 2 and a half but still. I wonder what will happen this next transfer, and I am excited to find out. We're going down to Council Bluffs today, so that should be fun. 

I actually think we're playing basketball and I am so excited, because I haven't played team basketball since Bellevue. I hope everyone has a great week this week. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Ballif

No comments:

Post a Comment