Monday, June 30, 2014

New Companion - Elder Stubbs

Hey Family!

Sorry this is getting out a bit late, but we ended up going to Council Bluffs this morning and hung out with some other missionaries, played some basketball, went to a restaurant called Longhorn Steakhouse and it has been fun. The Stake President gave us 200 bucks (he's loaded) for lunch so 10 elders went to Longhorn Steakhouse. The final bill ended up being 221 bucks... haha yeah that place was expensive. But really good. It's like a higher quality Texas Roadhouse. So that was pretty sweet haha. It was really nice to play basketball again, as well. My shot has deteriorated a little bit but that's alright. I'll get it back. 

This week has been a good one. It feels like it is just a blur. I can't really remember much but it seemed to go quickly. So the results of transfers. Elder Scarpa is gone! Somewhat of a relief I have to say,  haha. My new companion is Elder Stubbs (kind of close to stud haha) and so far so good. He seems to be really cool. He's been on his mission for about 6 months now. He is from South Jordan, the same place Chappell is from so that's pretty cool. He new Chappell's little sister. He seems to have a lot more in common with me than Scarpa did, which is awesome. It's nice to have someone to talk to again. 

So as far as this week goes with investigators, it was so-so. We didn't get to see Gina Green (she was in Sioux City when we tried to set up a time to see her). We did however get to see Sister Bruck and her daughter again. Marissa said she had been reading the Book of Mormon which is awesome. We just need to set up a time to do an actual lesson again. We got Sister Brucks number so that should be a little easier now. Christine is still being frustrating. It's a long story but to make it short we saw her, for a second talked to her, set up a time to come back when we would have an adult male with us (2 hours later) and she made an excuse and cancelled and we decided to go back a little after the time we set up and we saw her in the window and when she saw us she ducked down and was hiding from us. Yeah I don't know. Oh well. 

That's pretty sweet about the draft. We were actually eating dinner at someones house and it was on in the background haha. Dante Exom should be good. I am kind of hesitant with foreign players though. Kanter was supposed to be good too. And Rodney Payne? I heard Rodney Hood. I heard he's a good shooter. It should be sweet. I'll only miss the first month or two of the season. 

I'm glad the wedding went well. It looks like it was a fun time. I wish I could've been there but I'll live haha. Pastel colors huh? I would've gone with more bright and vibrant colors but that's just me haha. I do like Chris' suit though. And Heather's dress looks nice. 

Well I'm gonna get going. I don't want to be in Council Bluffs for too much longer and I still have some more emails to conjure up. I love all of you guys!! Stay safe everyone!

Love,
Elder Ballif

No comments:

Post a Comment